Yes. Yes we did.
THIS WAS THE FUNNIEST THING OF ALL THE SHOW
Do they ever take the mom to task for not teaching her Spanish though ? I mean her mom is there.
There was literally nothing funny about this though?
^^^^ that scene hits me right in the *assimilated* child of an immigrant feels. Cause so many parents don’t teach their kids their native tongues (for various reasons) and it hurts us. Especially when we try to connect with those parts of ourselves but other people delegitimize our identity because of a language barrier we are not responsible for.
And before a grade A piece of Shit decides to chime in with “teach yourself” :
1. Learning a new language is incredibly hard especially without assistance.
2. Many of us don’t have easy access to quality language learning resources for our mother tongues.
3. In regards to colonized people, of the easily accessible resources, most of them are the European versions of the language and not the language of the people. Which means you end up sounding like a stranger.
So yeah, nothing is funny about this at all.
4. White people are rewarded for learning/speaking more than one language. People of color are ridiculed for that same thing, especially if it impacts any part of their English. A lot of migrant parents think they are protecting us when they don’t teach us our native languages; They think if we only learn English, if we don’t pick up their accent, we might have an easier time in this racist society. Unfortunately, they’re usually right.
5. Learning a new language, especially as an adult, is extremely difficult. Add to that learning disabilities, neuroatypicalities, poverty, lack of resources, lack of time, and it’s nearly impossible.
People don’t understand how bad it feels not knowing it fluently even when you are trying to learn on your own. I’m good when I visit my family in NYC because they all speak a mix of Spanish/English but as soon as we go to Puerto Rico they are all speaking a million miles, it’s nothing like anything you learn in books or programs. You just sit there left out unable to socialize with your own family.
Another reason why I identify with this character.
I travel the world for the perfect tea
Everybody’s looking for Darjeeling
Some of them want to infuse you
Some of them want to be infused by you
yea everyone loves guren no yumiya bc it’s extremely intense and makes you want to kill a guy but please listen to this cute and cuddly version omfg you won’t regret it. x
( just a reminder that the song starts around 4-5 seconds in so be patient c: )
dont let tumblr make you think
- school isnt important
- its okay to be rude to your parents
- its normal to hate everyone
- self harm and suicide are romantic or great
- being rude is cute
- being a female who hits or yells at your boyfriend is woman empowerment
- depression and other mental illnesses are beautiful
- grades arent important
- education isnt important
- college isnt important
- smoking is cool
- drugs are cool
Clip Art reproductions of video game covers
If you look at the ingredients list and it’s a bunch of words you don’t even know… neither does your body (x)
Just like if you break apples and grapefruit down into their chemical components, I’m willing to bet that most people wouldn’t recognize the “ingredients” either. It’s a bunch of words you don’t even know:
Don’t use these scare tactics - Chemicals aren’t inherently bad. Literally everything is made up chemicals. Trust me, your body knows what niacin is. It knows how to digest fructose and calcium sulfate. Even if you only consume the most basic and “real” foods that are pulled directly off the vine, you’re still ingesting a series of chemical compounds that you probably can’t pronounce. That’s okay.
thanks to drhoz for submitting!